The following list is an overview of some of the research presentations I have given over the past couple of years at several locations.
- AmbientTalk: Modern Actors for Modern Networks, an overview of the AmbientTalk programming language given as a Keynote talk at the 14th Workshop on Formal Techniques for Java-like Programs (FTfJP) at ECOOP 2012, June 2012, Peking, China.
- Clojure in a nutshell, a 2-hour introductory lecture to the Clojure programming language.
- Evolution in Programming Language Design?, presentation given at the IFIP 2.16 Working Group on Language Design meeting, February 28th, 2012, London, UK
- Experiments with MapReduce in Erlang, presentation given at the Erlang Factory Lite Brussels, February 1st, 2012, Brussels, Belgium
- Adventures in Clojure, Navigating the STM sea and exploring Worlds, research talk at Software Languages Lab, Brussels, October 2011
- Communicating Event Loops, presentation given at the first Working Group on Language Design meeting (joint work with Mark S. Miller), Mountain View, USA, June 2011
- MapReduce in Erlang, presentation given at the 7th Ghent Functional Programming Group meeting, April 26, 2011, Ghent, Belgium
- Software Transactional Memory in Clojure (also available on SlideShare) and accompanying source code.
- AmbientTalk/2: Object-oriented Event-driven Programming in Mobile Ad hoc Networks - presentation at the XXVI International Conference of the Chilean Computer Science Society, November 8th 2007, Iquique, Chile and at the Departamento de Ciencias de la Computacion (DCC), November 12th, Santiago, Chile
- Linguistic Symbiosis Between Actors and Threads - presentation at the International Conference on Dynamic Languages, co-located with ESUG, August 27th 2007, Lugano, Switzerland
- AmbientTalk: Object-oriented Event-driven Programming in Mobile Ad hoc Networks - presentation at the Programming Methods Laboratory (LAMP), July 25th 2007, EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Object-oriented Coordination in Mobile Ad hoc Networks - paper presentation at the 9th International Conference on Coordination Models and Languages, June 8th 2007, Paphos, Cyprus
- Event-driven Architectures - presentation about event-driven programming and architecture.
- Ambient-Oriented Programming - Lab for Software Composition and Decomposition, ULB, Brussels, Belgium, December 2005
- Abstractions for Context-aware Object References, presentation at the Building Software for Pervasive Computing workshop at OOPSLA05, October 2005, San Diego, California, USA
- A Meta-architecture for Ambient-aware Objects, presentation at the first Workshop on Object Technology for Ambient Intelligence at ECOOP05, July 2005, Glasgow, Scotland